Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Your guesses are as good as mine

Last week I went 11-4 picking games. This week I'm even less confident in my selections if I get 50 percent of them right I'll be happy. There were some some games to call this week and I should have probably just used the dartboard method on some of them.

I will post the notes for this week's games when I get them up later today...

Baker's Picks

DUBLIN COFFMAN over Findlay -- FHS has beaten the 'Rocks only once in the series.

PANDORA-GILBOA over Arlington -- I'll expect a few voice mails from Mrs. P for this pick.

Leipsic over ARCADIA -- Heat will be on me for taking the Vikings.

Liberty-Benton over CORY-RAWSON -- Eagles have must-win games the rest of the way.

McCOMB over Van Buren -- A Van Buren player told me this game will be high-scoring.

HARDIN NORTHERN over Vanlue -- This is the only BVC pick I'd bet the house on.

Ada over SPENCERVILLE -- Maybe Dysert will throw for 500 more yards this week.

Bluffton over LOCKLAND -- I don't have much respect for many of the small-school teams in Cincinnati.

COLUMBUS GROVE over Allen East -- Just a hunch that the Bulldogs will bounce back.

Patrick Henry over SWANTON -- This one could get real ugly real quick.

OTTAWA-GLANDORF over Kenton -- I'm pretty certain no felon deer pranksters will be playing for O-G.

FOSTORIA SENIOR over Bowling Green -- A game against BG can cure what ails you.

UPPER SANDUSKY over Bucyrus -- Rams go to 2-0 in rivalry games.

Carey over CARDINAL STRITCH -- Blue Devils give coach Worst his first victory.

Danbury over NORTH BALTIMORE -- Better days are ahead in Tiger Town.

HOPEWELL-LOUDON over Lakota -- Chieftains roll their neighbors to the north.

ELMWOOD over Port Clinton -- I thought Toby Hammond could turn things around at PC. Guess not.

RIVERDALE over Fostoria St. Wendelin -- No way, no how are the Mohawks going to beat the Falcons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home