Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Big week of preps...what's sticking in your craw?

OK I feel better this morning knowing that at least something is being done in Berea.

I got home from work about 1 a.m. last night and got on the Internet and found out that Channel 3 WKYC in Cleveland reported that Maurice Carthon had been fired as the Browns’ offensive coordinator. While I almost believe my 7-year old niece could be a little more creative in play calling than Carthon was during his tenure as offensive coordinator, nothing much I think will change.

As I’ve heard many times from many coaches in my lifetime you can’t make chicken salad outta chicken shit. Right now the Browns offensive line probably isn’t going to be able to get the job done.

Anyone else out there have something that YOU want to rant about. What’s sticking in your craw right now it can be sports related but doesn’t have to be. Let me know.

NOTEWORTHY:
BUSY TOURNAMENT WEEK: This might be the toughest week of the year regarding competition for prep sports in the area. Volleyball teams plays sectional finals tonight, district semifinals Thursday and district finals Saturday. Unfortunately with the volume of matches, 14 of them today to be exact, we can’t possibly get to them all.

Here’s what we will be covering this week (or trying to anyway) prep sports wise.

TONIGHT: Riverdale vs. Bluffton boys soccer (me), Findlay High School volleyball (Dave),

WEDNESDAY: Dave will be covering Findlay High School’s boys and girls district semifinal soccer matches at Elmer Graham Stadium.

THURSDAY: I will be covering district semifinal volleyball at Arlington, Mark Heiman will be covering district semifinal volleyball at either McComb or Findlay High School.

FRIDAY: Mark will be covering the Hopewell-Loudon vs. Mohawk game and Dave will be at Findlay High School’s season finale against Napoleon.

SATURDAY: I will be at the regional cross country meet in Tiffin and hopefully covering a soccer match later that night. Mark will probably be covering some of the district final volleyball matches at Liberty-Benton.

NEWSWORTHY:
Browns fire Carthon
ESPN blocks OSU rebroadcast on ONN
Findlay Courier Local Sports
Carey outguns St. Joseph 54-41
St. Wendelin, Calvert get volleyball wins
O-G overpowers L-B 9-0 in girls soccer

4 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I truly wish the lowly Lions would
    move back to Portsmouth. Better yet, how about Melbourne, Australia!
    Three hours of wasted time every Sunday during the NFL season. Thirty-eight years of this crap with only a handful of playoff appearances to show for it. It's the same ritual every Sunday--Go to church and pray that I become a better person then go home and cuss and swear until near stroke, then drink myself out of a state of depression. Do I need counseling?

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man sounds like anonymous has some serious issues with the Lions. I'm not sure the church gig is really working very well. Maybe reverse the rolls and drink before the game.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One thing that bothers me at sporting events is people who don't know anything about the game they are watching, but yell the entire game. I've always told my kids that officials don't lose games, players and coaches lose games. There are many times I'll hear a parent tell someone "we was robbed" or "the official lost it for us". There are literally hundreds of opportunities in a contest that determine the outcome, not a questionable call by an official tryiing to do his or her best. I think everyone should umpire or referee a sporting event to see what it is like.
    JDee

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got something to rant about: Big Ben. I am sick and tired of listening to Ben cry. "Somebody hit me too high. Somebody hit me too low. They said something mean to me when they hit me." No other player in pro sports cries as much as Ben. Here's an idea Ben, man up, shut up, and play the game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home