Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Da Bears

OK it’s time for the biggest game on the planet this weekend.
The Super Bowl.
OK my step dad who is from England would be the first to argue the point because admittedly the World Cup final is probably the biggest game on the planet. But this is Northwest Ohio and not too many people care is Italy plays Ghana in the World Cup final.
What a difference a year makes.
Last year Findlay was Super Bowl Crazy with Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers playing in the game. It seems now that no one is even talking about the game and high school basketball has taken it’s rightful place in the conversation and hearts of local sports fans.
If the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl I’m not sure how I’d react. Would I be happy that they were there? Or hell bent on them winning it all.
I know, let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. I just want them to win back-to-back games sometime.
Back to this year’s Super Bowl. So who do you like in the game? I’m sick of Payton Manning. I’m rooting for the Bears. As bad as Rex Grossman has played for the Bears this season, you have to root for a guy like that in the Super Bowl. He’s been under fire all year and I’d love to see him have the game of his life Sunday.
After all he played well enough to get them to the Super Bowl. It would be like an average guy winning it all.

NEWSWORTHY:

NW Ohio Wrestling News and Information
Findlay Courier Thursday Sports
Fostoria Review Times Thursday Sports
Defiance Crescent News Sports
Bucyrus area basketball capsules
Lima News Thursday sports
Galion’s Zeuch signs with Malone, Heise Park History
NOL Basketball Stats

3 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Count me among the Apathetic. I watched more of the Super Bowl last year than I have in a long time just because of all the Big Ben fuss...and I really really dislike the Steelers ;) Just haven't been able to get back into the NFL since Modell sold out. The only pro sport I follow these days is the Indians.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll take the Colts, 28-14. Bears rely too much on their defense.

    JDee

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Defense wins championships. Bears 24, Colts 17
    Rex will be MVP.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home