Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sweat, sweat and more sweat!

Ahhh the dog days of summer. Lining up to get your pads. Seniors first, then juniors, sophomores and freshmen.

It's nearly that time of year. I remember two-a-days. Those were the days. You woke up in the morning both looking forward to and dreading what was in store for you that day.

Blazing heat, wind sprints, jumping jacks, all kinds of drills, sweat-soaked t-shirts under your shoulder pads and numerous water breaks. Like thousands of kids across the country I loved football and I would rather have dropped dead right there than miss a game or a practice.

The first couple of days were spent running through offensive plays and doing a lot of conditioning and running in just your helmet or sometimes in full pads. I'll tell you the first couple of days were the toughest. You had your pads and all you wanted to do was knock the snot out of somebody.

Finally the day you have been waiting for came. Full contact. It was great. The coaches found out a lot the first day of practice. You either liked contact or didn't. I liked contact.

I'm curious to know what others remember most about two-a-days. What did you like? What did you hate? What was your toughest drill?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home