Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sorry stats slip up

Believe me there’s nothing I wanted to do more than post this week’s BVC stats on The Buzz. I just haven’t figured out a good way to do it yet.

I am no HTML master that’s for sure. I just dump my blog from a word file into the blog and hit publish. That’s just how illiterate I really am when it comes to these things.

Actually because several people have called and emailed over the years wanting the weekly BVC stats, we’re going to begin publishing them in The Courier beginning next week (as soon as we get a format built so they look good in the newspaper). Intrepid Courier reporter Mark Heiman tried to get it to work last night but failed after several attempts.

We’ll get it right for next week. To be honest we haven’t published them before this because there were usually 2-3 or more teams that wouldn’t report there stats each week. But we’ll put in the newspaper what BVC stats we do have for now on.

The first thing I do in the morning, after I start the coffeemaker, is take a look at all of the newspapers in Northwest Ohio online. What I will start doing is posting links to various stories I think might be of local interest from other newspapers.

Of course the best source of information is www.thecourier.com But there are other newspapers and websites out there.

NOTEWORTHY:
-- We are already about half way through the prep golf season. A few more tournament tests remain before teams get down to the business of playing in their league tournaments later this month. Old Fort will host its annual invitational Saturday at Nature Trails Golf Course. Eight area teams will be in the field and I’d think Liberty-Benton is probably the favorite in the small-school event.

-- There are plenty of prep sports on tap for Saturday. The Fostoria Volleyball Invitational is one of them. The Redmen will host crosstown rival St. Wendelin and Vanlue in the four-team tournament which gets underway Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. at Fostoria High School.

-- There was a sports letter in Wednesday’s Courier on Page B2 (sorry we don’t put them online) written by someone from Findlay regarding my comments about the Kenton-O-G game in last week’s pigskin picks. While it may seem like it. No he is not a member of my family. I just wish we could put the matter to rest.

-- Computer point totals will be released by the OHSAA beginning next week. Also next week will be the first of seven Associated Press football polls. Dave Hanneman votes in the AP poll for the Courier.

-- What we’re working on. Dave will be previewing Findlay’s game with Upper Arlington, I have a feature on a diabetic football player from Van Buren, Bret Nye, and of course the Pigskin Picks for Thursday‘s newspaper. Mark Heiman will be covering the Hardin Northern and McComb battle while Dave will be at Donnell with the Trojans.

-- Later today I'll post picks for the week as well as some BVC all-time football records. Tomorrow, sometime, probably in the evening the weekly game notes will be posted.

NEWSWORTHY:
Cuyahoga Heights forfeits opener
http://www.cleveland.com/hsfootball/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1157532130103760.xml&coll=2

Sandusky Perkins, teachers settle strike
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/specialinterest/perkinsstrike/

Mifflin principal wants her job back
http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/09/06/20060906-C1-03.html

1 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    B,

    I can produce a decent web page if the stats are in excel format. Actually I can produce any web page no matter the format :)
    You can then just link to the stats from here. I have web space out there so we can store them. Larry A. knows me well and has my phone number.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home