Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ye reap, what ye sow

Do unto others before they do unto you.

That's not the best motto int he world and certainly doesn't jive with the golden rule but that seems to be the way it is in sports these days. It's a win at all cost mentality. From steroid use in the professional ranks to irate prep parents assautling referees. Oh that includes stomping heads in the NFL too.

Sometimes I think we all take sports a little too seriously. Then again thankfully, so because I wouldn't have a job otherwise.

NOTEWORTHY:
SETTING IT UP: Hardin Northern threw the BVC volleyball race into flux with a 4-game win at Leipsic Monday night. The Vikings and Polar Bears are tied for the lead at 6-1 with 2 matches yet to play. Leipsic has a big date with fellow Putnam County League unbeaten Kalida Thursday. Columbus Grove is also still unbeaten in the PCL.

SECTIONAL DRAWS: The sectional draws for both soccer and volleyball take place Sunday at sites throughout Northwest. Hopefully, we’ll have the complete list in Monday;s paper or online.

GAME OF THE WEEK: If there any games of the week in area prep football this week. None of the games get my juices flowing. The most interesting game from a competitive stand point might be between North Baltimore and St. Wendelin, it’s NB’s homecoming.

OSU PLUS ???: I haven’t checked the line on this week’s game between The Ohio State University and Bowling Green but I assume the Buckeyes are favored by a bunch. I’ll say Ohio State 42-10. Anyone else have a prediction on the game.

TIGER TOWN: Can slumping Detroit beat the Yankees. This is the match up between the two franchises I LOVE to HATE. Detroit because they were relatively good when I was growing up and my brother used to make fun of my dreadful Indians while crowing about the Tigers., And the Yankees, well everyone hates them. Whoever wins this series, I hope they lose in the ALCS.

NEWSWORTHY:
Mac Morrison honored for 50 years of service to HS athletics
Woman accused of chasing husband with an ax
AP Prep Football Poll
Fifth graders trash Newark school buses
Musketeers hold on to beat Thunderbirds
Findlay Courier’s local sports for Tuesday morning (Includes BVC volleyball, GBC girls tennis story)
Fostoria Review Times Sports for Tuesday
Mansfield News Journal Sports Roundup

3 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Current line is -34.5. I think OSU's unbelievable streak of covering the spread is over. OSU wins, but they let BG stay close 24-17.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is odd about the girl's soccer team at Findlay. I also see that they lost to Perrysburg, 2-1, on Monday. It said that Findlay was 5-4-1, I would have expected them to be better. How many games can they play? It seems like it may be early in their season with a record like that, but it is getting late in the fall.

    Rob

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll take the Buckeyes 48-6, not a good year for the Falcons to play OSU, oh well, I'm sure they get a big pay day out of it.

    I can see both sides on the FHS soccer situation. If you want to compete statewide and the GBC doesn't do it for you, then you must schedule up. What a great opportunity for the JV's to play varsity teams. I'm sure the team was prepared for the backlash from the rest of the league. The teams and coaches from the conference know who the real all-league players are. After all, it's a team game, they probably don't care about all-league selections.
    JDee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home