Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Browns blow

My God, I pray to thee…please let it end.

That is my prayer today. It’s been two days since new Browns starting center and former Ohio State standout LeCharles Bentley went down with a season-ending knee injury. He was the top free agent acquisition in the offseason and now he's done for the season after blowing out his knee during the club's first 7-on-7 drills of training camp.

My question is when will it end? I read a column in the Plain Dealer that Romeo Crennel isn’t buying into the woe-is-us mentality Browns fans like myself often exhibit. That’s a great idea but when you have experienced what we have experienced as fans…and then paid for it by buying season tickets with our own hard-earned money…its tough not to think to yourself here we go again.

Ever since the Browns came back in 1999 it’s been one thing after another. Wasted draft choices, coaches without a clue, owner Al Lerner‘s death, squabbles and power struggles inside the front office, injuries on and off the field and losses everywhere you look. All we have to show for the misery is one playoff appearance.

And still I shell out $404 each year for my season tickets. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I guess that’s just my lot in life as a Browns fan.

Are there any Browns fans out there as frustrated as me? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home