Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Looking back and looking ahead

Week 4 of the high school football season is in nearly in the books. There are a couple of games tonight featuring Hopewell-Loudon at St. Joseph and North Baltimore at Calvert though.

The thing that strikes me is how about that wacky Northwest Conference? Grove shakes off an 0-3 start and pummels Lima C.C. and ex-Grove coach Jerry Cooper while Bluffton doubles up Convoy Crestview, who have never beaten the Pirates in football so I am told.

I have a feeling the NWC champs this season will have at least one loss each and I’m not willing to go out on a limb and say who’s going to win it either.

At least with Kilbourne coming to town this week, I think Findlay will finally get a much needed win heading into Greater Buckeye Conference play in Week 6. The Trojans have played teams so far that are a combined 13-2. If they put things together there’s no reason why they can’t compete for the GBC title.

After Hardin Northern and Liberty-Benton, parity reigns in the BVC. I think everyone else with the exception of Vanlue maybe is pretty evenly matched. It should be interesting down the stretch.

I’m off to cover the North Baltimore Invitational golf tournament at Birch Run. Hope everyone reading this has a terrific weekend!

NEWSWORTHY:
Findlay Courier Saturday Sports Section
Riverdale extends winning streak
Galion, Mohawk games from Bucyrus TF
Other Lima News sports stories (Good luck finding them their new website sucks)
Mansfield area football boxscores
Findlay OSU student indicted for sofa burning
Blade SLL Roundup
Blade NWOAL roundup
Texas High - Findlay Preview (I know it’s a day late)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home