Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Looking ahead to spring

The weather had finally turned a little cold.
But honestly, I’m looking forward to baseball season. You it’s only a month away until pitchers and catchers report for spring training.
I’ve always been an Indians fan, until death do us part. I’m hopeful but not confident of a rebound this season.
The team that most interests me are the hated Detroit Tigers. Why do I hate them? Because my brother a Tigers fan tormented me about my woeful Indians at an early age. I even hate the Tigers more than the Yankees because of his teasing.
But I wonder if last year was simply magic for the Tigers, what I mean was it all chemistry and the stars were aligned in the right position to put them in the World Series.
Were they a flash in the pan, or the real deal. We’ll find out soon enough.
The Indians media tour should be beginning soon. When I find out more I’ll let you know and when the Reds and Tigers come to the area I’ll let you know about them too.

NOTEWORTHY:
UMPING?: Staying in the baseball frame of mind the Findlay Umpires Association is looking for a few good people to join their organization. Ever wanted to be the one calling balls and strikes….this is your chance.
Taking the class, will license you to be an OHSAA baseball or softball umpire. Softball classes will be Monday evenings in Feb. and Tuesday evenings in March at the Findlay High School library from 6:30 until 9:30 p.m. Baseball classes will be Thursday evenings at the Central Church of Christ from 7 to 9:30 p.m. A mandatory mechanics session is set for March 25.
The cost is $75 and includes all class materials and registration fees.
For more info contact Chad Snyder (419) 365-9419 for baseball and Roger Zorn (419) 422-2488 (softball) or send an email to unpireclass@findlayumpires.org

NEWSWORTHY:
NW Ohio Wrestling Results and Info
Bowling Green Sentinel Tribune Sports
Findlay Courier Monday Sports
Fostoria Review Times Monday Sports

1 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Noooooooooo!!!!!! Not spring yet. We're smack dab in the middle of hoops season. We're getting into the good part of the conference games, tournament is right around the corner, march madness and the NBA playoffs. We'll start worrying about baseball in April or May!

    JDee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home