Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A plum assignment

OK who gets the plum assignments?
All right it’s not always me. It’s usually my good friend Dave Hanneman who I think is the best prep sportswriter in NW Ohio bar none!
But I got a pretty good gig Monday night. There are NO local sports on the schedule for that night. A very unusual occurrence even for a Monday night. Mark Heiman is writing his column that night as a quarter by quarter type analysis of the big BCS Championship game. My assignment, to write about the mood of Ohio State fans a the various establishments serving adult beverages that night. At least that’s the plan for right now.
Then we’ll be putting the paper together that night after the game.
I think we should have had a contest. A watch the game with Bubba contest. Of course this would purely be to my benefit only. I would come over to your house drink your beer, eat your wings and then argue with you whether or not Tressel should have went for it on that 4th down and inches play from the Florida 45 yardline.
But don’t worry I’d leave you with a couple of victory Cuban cigars to smoke up after the Buckeyes win the big game.
Actually, Monday can’t come soon enough. O-H, I-O.

NEWSWORTHY:
GIRLS LEAGUE ACTION: Finally, after what seems like a month it’s Thursday night and girls basketball league night is back. I guess the biggie on the schedule for tonight is Findlay at Marion Harding. The Trojans are rolling along unbeaten and the Presidents come into the game with an 8-1 record. If they Trojans win this one, it’s “Carlee bar the door” no one will beat Findlay High School during the GBC portion of the schedule. Have I ever told you how bad of a conference the GBC is?
The best of the rest is probably Leipsic at Pandora-Gilboa in a rematch of their game a couple of weeks ago that was the PCL match up and Van Buren at Arlington.
Here is the rest of tonight’s area girls basketball schedule:
Thursday's Games
Arcadia at McComb
Hardin Northern at Vanlue
Leipsic at Pandora-Gilboa
Liberty-Benton at Cory-Rawson
Van Buren at Arlington
Findlay at Marion Harding
New Riegel at Seneca East
North Baltimore at St. Wendelin
Tiffin Calvert at Carey
Ada at Delphos Jefferson
Allen East at Columbus Grove
Ottoville at Kalida
Elida at Ottawa-Glandorf
Bluffton at Lima Cent. Cath.
Elmwood at Patrick Henry


NEWSWORTHY:
Findlay Courier Thursday Sports
St. John’s girls use strong second quarter to beat Fort Jennings
Fostoria Review Times Thursday Sports
Marion Harding girls focus on victory
Bryan area basketball previews
Bucyrus area basketball preview capsules
Stockader girls struggle
Lima News basketball capsules
Lima News Thursday Sports
Bellevue set to take on Upper Sandusky

2 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could the days leading up to Monday night be any longer?! GO BUCKS! (and GO VIKES! against P-G tonight)

    ~ Viking 22

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know if I could waste my hard earned money on PBR though!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home