Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Trolling the Web for sports

I have to tell you I love the Internet.

There is so much information out there it makes my job as a sports writer so much easier. The only problem is finding the information out there.

I’m pretty good at it. At work I’m the man who finds the information, the University of Findlay golf results at the University of Jupiter, the roster on Cincinnati Deer Park, the article someone in Kansas wrote about the Findlay Freedom…etc. etc.

That’s one of the reasons I started this blog to convey much of the information I find to area sports fans, and hopefully, readers of The Courier.

So today I’m going to share with you my favorite websites…some that I use on a daily basis. Maybe you’ll find some of them useful or entertaining.

If you have some favorite websites leave a link to them in the feedback...I'd like to hear about them.

No.1 of course is your source for local, news sports and weather
The Courier
Baum’s Page -- Great source for complete wrestling, cross country and track results from throughout the state of Ohio. The raw data. I use Baum’s Page every Sunday.
Rocket Corner -- Prep message board just starting out but it’s a great resource for NW Ohio preps and did I mention it’s FREE
JJHuddle -- Leading prep sports message board in Ohio, post a question and you’ll likely find someone with an answer.
Espn.com -- Use it nightly to check the progress of pro and college games
High School Soccer Ohio -- Great resource for high school boys soccer in Ohio, huge database with hundreds of game results
Ohio Volleyball Coaches Association -- Great website for finding prep volleyball records, results etc. in Ohio
OHSAA.org -- EVERYTHING involving the OHSAA can be found on their website
Ohio Football Scores -- A database with scores for every football team in Ohio
NW Ohio boys basketball -- Schedules and results for all boys basketball teams in the NW District
NCAA Division II Homepage -- Links to all NCAA Division II schools, polls, and sport specific links. A great resource for covering the University of Findlay
Google News -- Great for finding news articles on events throughout the web. Tried to get them to add The Courier to the database but since we don’t have individual pages for our stories we aren’t searchable on Google News.
AP Ohio Newspapers -- A link to every daily AP newspaper in the state of Ohio. I use this link every single day.



NEWSWORTHY:
Friday local sports from The Courier
Friday Sports from the Lima News
Friday sports from the Tiffin Advertiser Tribune

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home