Blanchard River Buzz

A blog for rabid sports fans in the Findlay Area. Maintained by Findlay Courier sports writer Jamie Baker. The opinions expressed are my own crazed ramblings and not those of my employer the Findlay Publishing Company and its subsidiaries.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Predicting the playoffs

We’re just a day away when area teams’ prep playoff dreams will be either realized or shattered.

Here is my stab at predictions for each of the seven playoff games in the Courier coverage area.

Friday’s Games
Hardin Northern over Ada -- The Bears beat the Bulldogs 67-38 in Week 1 but I think the game will be much closer this time around. It will be interesting to see which defense has improved the most over the course of the season. It will be Ada’s passing attack vs. HN’s ground assault. Give HN the advantage.

McComb over Cardinal Stritch -- Just can’t bring myself to pick a team from the TAAC even though they have “homefield” advantage playing at Clay. This game isn’t a lock though. The Panthers gave up a lot of points in a 42-34 Week 9 win over Arcadia and that has to be a concern. Still I think they slide by.

Monroeville over Columbus Grove -- Both teams are playing well right now but I have a hunch the Bulldogs are facing a better defensive team than they’ve faced in recent weeks. I wonder if my favorite CG coach Tim Staley is reading this blog.

Hopewell-Loudon over Liberty Center -- The Chieftains are coming off a loss and have Brickner back in the lineup. That said I think the Tigers are a dangerous opponent.

Saturday’s Games
Patrick Henry over Fairview -- Not sure the Patriots are playing their best right now. I read somewhere that in playoff appearances, the NWOAL is 6-0 against the GMC. That’s enough for me. Look for this game to be a shoot out.

Liberty-Benton over Tinora -- The Eagles are looking for a deeper playoff run this season. I was impressed by the way they handled HN in Week 9 but they have to play much better than they did against Pandora-Gilboa in Week 10.

NEWSWORTHY:
Crazy squirrel attacks mail man
Findlay Courier Thursday Sports (Includes soccer coverage of Findlay, O-G girls, HN-Kalida regional volleyball and UF’s men’s basketball game against Ohio State)
Unbeaten season ends for Continental girls soccer
OT Goal lifts Clear Fork past Continental
Hoban bounces O-G from tourney
Spencerville-Allen East football preview
NOL Football stats
Hartley ends Columbian’s season

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home